Call for Maps
As a geospatial conference, maps should definitively be a part of it! That's why we organise a Map Gallery: a vibrant exhibit of the very best maps -both digitally and on paper. The only requirement to be shown is that at least some part was done with some open data or open source technology. Furthermore, in order to get a fresh map each tine, we prefer maps that have been created since the last FOSS4G-BE.
If you have created maps that you are proud of, please send them over! Together, we create this yearly highlight! Your map can be the result of a commercial venture, created for your community or a personal challenge,...
A map intended for printing can be sent in digitally (and we'll print them for you) or you can bring it during the conference. In both cases, we ask you to send it in beforehand in order to reserve space.
- Submit your map before November 10, either using the form or via mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- There'll be enough space provided for an A1-sized map. If the number of maps submitted is larger than the space available, we will make a selection.
- If you send your map digitally, include it in pdf format with a minimum resolution of 2342 x 3311 pixels. Fonts should be included.
- If you bring your own map, please send a small photo or screenshot so that we know what to expect. We might group maps thematically.
- Provide a title, author and/or organization and description of the map.
- Mention what software and data were used to create the map.
If you created a fancy web map, we'll showcase it too! For this, a computer will be placed next to the map wall. If you want to provide an interactive map, then: